Star Child Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil 10ml
- it is an excellent oil for topical treatment of tense muscles and joint pains.
- It relaxes and increases circulation, creating a warming and soothing effect and making it useful for arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago, muscle aches, sprains and strains.
- It also relaxes the smooth muscles of the womb and the digestive tract, making it helpful in digestive disorders, intestinal cramps as well as for PMT related discomforts.
It helps in cases of insomnia, especially where it is due to stress and worries or emotional upset.
- Marjoram helps at times of grieving and loss.
- Caution - Avoid during pregnancy.
The ancients planted Marjoram on graves to give an indication of how the soul fared in the world beyond. It was also used in marriage ceremonies as it is sacred to Venus, her son Hymen and, even more anciently, to the Earth Goddess Ge (Gaia). The modern practitioner may use Marjoram to connect with the spirits of the ancestors or to communicate with a departed loved one. It is also a suitable herb for handfasting rites. Marjoram was considered a 'lucky plant', protective, spreading joy and bringing good fortune.
A spicy, aromatic, hot, slightly musky scent. Blends well with Rosemary, Thyme, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedarwood, Myrtle, Eucalyptus and Lavender.
content and photo credit to: starchild.co.uk